[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D: two questions

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 25 19:34:11 CET 2010

Il 25/01/2010 19.05, Jordi Torres ha scritto:
> Hi Silvio, Antonio et all,
>
>     Without the 3D extension I could double-click on its upper bar in
>     order to maximize it quickly.
>     On the contrary, with the 3D extension I lose this option.
>     In other words, I can no longer double-click on it to increase its
>     size quickly.
>     Every time, I have to drag its border to adjust it (it is a bit
>     frustrating).
>     See the image attached (3d_double_click_off.png)
>     Maybe is it normal with the 3D extension?
>     I have not studied yet the 3D manual thoroughly :-)
>
> There are known problems when rendering 3D in a OpenGL canvas on SWING
> windows. When a Java window occludes the OpenGL canvas Windows it
> doesn't work as expected. To solve this problem we developed the docking
> skin for gvSIG. We encourage all 3D users to work with docking skin.
> IMHO the Docking skin is more handy than the other skins for 2D users too.
>
> You can use this skin clicking on Preferences->General->Skin and select
> DockingManager. And then restart gvSIG. Tell us what you think about
> this skin please.

Hi Jordi,
I'm actually using the NewSkin without changing the old look theme
(appearence) and I don't have the problem that Silvio has mentioned
before. If I double click on 2D and 3D views, they increase their size
as usual.
Sincerely speaking, I don't like the other skins and so I'd like to
avoid to use them, even if I know they are been introduced for a good
reason. Many thanks for your amazing work.

Cheers,
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano