[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D: two questions

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 25 23:33:51 CET 2010

Hi Jordi,

Jordi Torres wrote:
> We encourage all 3D users to work with docking skin.

Here my first tests on Windows xp home edition sp2; gvSIG 1.9 (latest build).
I have testeted all 3 Skins to see what happened on my computer.
My theme for gvSIG 1.9 is "Plastic xp".

Skin 1 (the upper one). org.gvsig.gvsig3dgui.skin.JDialogSkin. The Project manager opens fine.
The double-clicking does NOT work. I must drag the borders.

Skin2. org.gvsig.mdiManager.DockingManager. With this option nothing works.
For example, when I open the Project manager this one is stuck (no way to move it) .
See my image attached: project_manager_ko.png

Skin3. com.iver.core.mdiManager.NewSkin.
The project manager starts well. The double-click option works.
Unfortunately, I have problems afterwards when I work in the gvSIG's 3D View.
For example, when I try to open the properties, of my shp layer, its box is stuck under the gvSIG's View.
I can't find a way to drag the properties box over the View.

I must clarify I haven't studied the Spanish manual yet.
As soon I have studied it thoroughly, I will report my experiences.

For example, when I apply the labels for a shapefile in a View some labels are displayed correctly.
Others labels have their length shown 50% correctly; the other 50% of their length is "under" other geometries.
I don't attach any screen-shots because I don't know if my finding are "bugs".
Maybe they are "features" I must study :-)

Best regards,

Silvio