No subject

Mon Jan 11 14:18:06 CET 2010

aspect with the SEXTANTE tools.

You could then try vectorizing the result, but I wouldn't
expect too much from that.

This would require a combination of gvSIG and SEXTANTE tools,
but I think you should find all you need somewhere.

Cheers,

Ben

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Cropper" <scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:38:21 AM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: [Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Establish aspect and slope of an area based on contour lines?

Hi,

I have a shapefile showing contours across a region.

Visual inspection of the vector data suggests that various subregions have different aspects/bearings and slope.

Is there a way using gvSIG or any of its plugins to visualize or categorize this data?

My desired output would be a polygon file with the attribute field aspect/bearing and slope.

--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd