No subject

Mon Jan 11 14:18:06 CET 2010

version gvSIG Mobile 1.0, which should be finished within 2/3 months,
more or less. It will run on Windows Mobile 6.X

Apart from the official roadmap, at Prodevelop we have made some
developments.

- During the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009, we granted a scholarship
to an MsC student to make a try to port gvSIG Mobile to Android. Some
results were achieved, but the way seemed to us not to be the right one.

- During 2009, we made an internal development for mobile phones (Java
CLDC and Android), starting as a simple map viewer (tile services, OSM
services access, ...) and we released it as gvSIG Mini Project [2]. We
liked the results, so we are pushing its development. During the next
days we are going to publish a new release of gvSIG Mini for Android
with a lot of new features (WMS, WMTS support, share with social
networks, configurable tile layers, navigation mode, compass support,
etc.), *but* it still lacks vector support (apart from POIs or routes
rendering).

We would like to add vector capabilities on gvSIG Mini for Android. We
have plans for starting working on it, but it's an internal investment,
so we cannot provide a large development team. I'm in contact with QGIS
developers, to see if they could be interested in working together. I'd
like to offer now, this chance to any developer interested on Android
and mapping willing to contribute.

If you provide testing it will be wellcome. Regarding documentation,
it's ok. If you are thinking about L10N, we are building everything in
English, with very few translation into Spanish, so L10N into English is
not needed (thanks anyway). Other type of documentation (user manual,
...) is also being done, but maybe you could contribute reviewing it, or
writing other documents (how-tos, tutorials, ...).

It would be great if you could allocate some developer resources, even
part-time.

Any other people interested in joining us?

>=20
> We could definitely provide testing and documentation support and
potentially loan
> Android hardware, possibly provide other support too.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Chris