[Gvsig_english] (no subject)

Guillermo Tamburini tamburini_gui at gva.es
Mon Jul 5 10:34:47 CEST 2010

hi,

If I have understood what you said, I think that the geoprocess you need
is :

Analysis->Proximity->Spatial Join

In the picture you have an example of what I have understood about your
situation, and how I solved it.

Insert  in the first position in the dioalog box the square layer. Then
you will transfer the information of the parishes to its. You will need
to consider what kind of mathematic process do you want to apply to the
input data. For example, the population of three portions of parishes in
the same square polygon will be summarized, and you will obtain also a
field with the number of original polygons (parishes) intersecting the
square. Check different options for get the best one.

I hope it would be useful.

Regards.

--
Guillermo Tamburini Beliveau