[Gvsig_english] Quad buffer stereo mode does not work

Jan Zvonik jan.zvonik at geosense.cz
Wed Jul 28 11:11:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

today we have tried quad buffer stereoscopic mode in gvSIG 1.9, 3D extension
v.14.

When working in 3D with quad graphic card, there is too much blinking caused
by buffer that it almost prevents use of the program but at the end the
model loaded fine.

All stereoscopic modes work well but Quad buffer does not initialize at all
under any settings. We tried to start from scratch and activate quad buffer
even before loading the ive layer but result was still the same, we did not
manage to make stereoscopic 3D run.

The system:

Athlon dual core
Nvidia Quadro 3700 FX 512 MB
Graphic card drivers version 182.50
Win XP SP3, English

gvSIG 1.9
3D extension v.14

Passive hybris polarization setup with modulator and screen

In any case - is there any successfully tested quad buffer setup we could
try to put together and test our project on or is development of qb in gvSIG
still at the beginning?

Thank you very much

Jan Zvoník