[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2.0 compilation instructions synthesis for English speaking readers

Cèsar Ordiñana cordinyana at gvsig.com
Wed Jun 2 18:12:42 CEST 2010

Hi Luca,

I have read your steps. I'm sorry but I think you got a bit confused in
the process, as your explanation has some wrong or unnecessary steps.
Just in case, the steps to perform are explained in the document:

http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2.0.0/trabajar-con-el-nucleo-de-gvsig/gvsig-compilation/initial-configuration/howto-create-eclipse-workspace

I think it is important not to summarize it as anyone following the
steps should perform all of them and understand them as some decisions
have to be made. It is a process a developer will not perform many
times, less so when we finally generate a build.

Unfortunately, the document is still only in Spanish. Looking towards
having the compilation document in English, I invite everyone to
collaborate on the translation of gvsig.org, as explained in the page:

http://www.gvsig.org/web/home/community/participate

In any case, we will try to translate the gvSIG developer's guide ASAP.

Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro
gvSIG software architect
DiSiD Technologies (http://www.disid.com)