[Gvsig_english] Cost Analysis with SEXTANTE

Da Kn davkprivat at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 23 01:54:32 CEST 2010

 Dear List,

SEXTANTE offers a lot of different methods for cost-analysis issues. I'm
especially interested in anisotropic analysis and there are 2 methods for
it: A and B. B lets you enter some values for difference and factor into a
table. What does this exactly mean? If I want to create cost layers, where
the cost of a walking traveller is accumulated following a rule, that it's
easier going downhill (until a limit value, which marks the slope where
going downhill also becomes harder than walking on a flat plane) than
uphill, can I just enter values for every difference in height that is
travelled? Can the difference column for example be equal to the
height-difference and the related factor  value to the amount of energy that
is used to travel this height difference (or slope)? I'm sorry im new to
this subject, i've read some articles about the theory but nobody really
mentions which programs he uses, so I dont't really know where to start.

If my idea about this method is right until now, could I fill the list as in
the following? (the values are fictional)

difference (in height) -5 factor 5
difference (in height) -2 factor 3
difference (in height) 0 factor 4
difference (in height) 3