[Gvsig_english] POTENTIAL ERROR/BUG OADE gvSIG Beta 2 collapses project XML structure on saving

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Jun 24 06:14:54 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

I have uncovered something peculiar in how OADE gvSIG Beta 2 handles project
files. Although it does not appear to impact on use of a project by OADE gvSIG
Beta 2 or gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) it does impact on being able to review and
change project files manually.

I have two project files attached. The first is created in gvSIG. This file has a
traditional XML structure with one tag and its elements on each line. This
allows for a line by line inspection of a project file by editors, translation
routines or grep.

When I open this file in OADE gvSIG Beta 2, and save it, all lines after
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> are collapsed into a single line (see
file). I can open the file again in both programs and continue working
(obvoiously the programs parse on tags not lines). If I save in gvSIG 1.9 (BN
1253) the XML structure is reinstated.

Obviously this has to do with end-of-line characters and carriage returns, as
I can't detect any differences in encoding.
--

Cheers Simon
Simon Cropper
mailto: scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au