[Gvsig_english] alpha channel issue

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:22:04 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

You are right, it seems that 3ds importer on OSG (the scene-graph used in
gvSIG 3D ) cannot import textures with alpha correctly. We are investigating
which importers works well with this kind of textures.
Meanwhile you can use this workaround: use materials with alpha instead of
textures with alpha, because transparency in materials are well supported.

Cheers.

2010/6/23 Jan Zvonik <jan.zvonik at geosense.cz>

> Continuation of alpha channel issue:
>
> My system specifications are as follows:
>
> SONY VAIO VPC EB1S1E, Core i5, 4GB RAM
> ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
> Graphic card driver - original - ATI Technologies, ver. 8.672.1.0 from 15th
> December2009
> Windows 7 Home Professional
>
> All models are in 3ds format
>
> We have prepared a simple 3D test model with 3 different ways of alpha
> channel mapping, none of them displays correctly. It would be great if
> someone tested it on different systems especially with nVidia cards.
>
> The original model itself can be downloaded here:
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/401947260/Model_gvSIG.zip.html
>
> Thank you
>

> Jan Zvoník

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es