[Gvsig_english] raster iamge wrong band value

Mithoefer, Klaus kmithoefer at icipe.org
Fri Jun 25 10:03:31 CEST 2010

Dear List,

I use globecover vegetation data. When I try to retrieve the band value by using the information picker or assign values to a point layer I get the wrong value (e.g. for lakes I get-46 instead of 210). I compared this with ArcGIS and FWtools.

I tried gvSIG 1.2, 1.9 and 2010 OADE with Geotif and Erdas IMG format. They all do the same. What is the problem?

Thank you,

Klaus

Klaus Mithöfer
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer
icipe - International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology
P.O. Box 30772 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: +254-20-8632000, Extn. 2147
Fax: +254-20-8632001/2
Mobile: +254-724-308404
E-Mail: kmithoefer at icipe.org
web: www.icipe.org

This position is supported by German development cooperation //
Centre for international Migration and Development - http://www.cimonline.de/en/index.asp

Klaus.mithoefer at cimonline.de