[Gvsig_english] new problems with an oracle layer

spatialjoe spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:46:25 CEST 2010

Hi all,

besides all the issues discussed above I wonder what the data source is in
the first place (before using ogr2ogr or else).
If the very first source was a CAD file (dwg or dxf) many corrupt geometries
probably indicate problems with many polylinestrings which are not closed
(CAD:"Pedit: close"). If you assign those "open" geometries to a polygon
layer it will fail. Maybe you could check this importing your data into a
linestring geometry. If you like working on  a textfile you could also check
if the first and the last coordinates of a geometry are identical, i.e the
polygon is closed.
Just my suggestion if there's some CAD involved in this problem (too many
times true ;-().

Best,

Johannes