[Gvsig_english] Setting hotlinks

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 2 22:24:08 CET 2010

Hi Christian,

> Any suggestions for setting hotlinks?

I have just tried to reproduce your steps on my computer.
I work  with gvSIG 1.9 (build 1253) on Windows xp home editon (sp2).
Everything works as expected here.

For hyperlinks I always use jpg images small as size: e.g. 6-10 Kb at most (they are loaded faster into gvSIG).
For using the "right" path on Windows you can do the following:
- right click on your image;
- choose properties;
- select with the right button of your mouse the path (it is listed at the beginning of such a window)
- copy and paste this path into gvSIG 1.9

More precisely,
1. With Sextante 0.5 I have created a new centroid layer (in order to have a new point inside every polygon vector layer).
2. I have edited such a new centroid layer by adding a new string field.
3. In such a string field, in the "Default value" I have written (copied) C:\Documents and Settings\prova (that is, the path where I have my jpg image named "prova")
4. After accepting these changes, I right click on the centroid layer and I select "Properties"
5. I select the last tab, namely, "Hyperlink", I enable the hyperlink and I choose:
- the name of the field where I have written my path
- I write the extension regarding my image (that is, jpg)
- I select the right "action" (that is, "link to images files")
6. I accept these changes
7. I click on the button "Advanced hyperlink" and I select my points one by one.
Everything works as expetcted in that every jpg image is displayed fine.

Best regards,

Silvio