[Gvsig_english] "RE:Re: (no subject)"

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 20:08:42 CET 2010

I would not support that advise!

GvSIG 1.9 has a lot of critical bug fixes and is
certainly much more stable than 1.1.2.

Also SEXTANTE updates are no longer possible for 1.1.2,
because:
1) GvSIG 1.1.2 was never completely ported to Java 1.6
2) The SEXTANTE bindings have changed in the transition
to 1.9.

And anyway, the issue was about PostGIS database layers,
not images. The PostGIS interface has been improved a
lot since 1.1.2.

No reasons whatsoever in my opinion to stick with buggy
old 1.1.2. 10 million polygons are a lot of data.
Allow the gvSIG developers the time they need to scale
up to such extreme needs. I am sure they'll manage.

@Holger:
Maybe you could also consider dedicating some development
time yourself, once 2.0 comes out? You seem to know what
you are looking for and where to look for it, so how
about contributing directly? In my experience, it's fun!

Cheers,

Ben