[Gvsig_english] error loading big shapefile

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Mar 3 20:39:10 CET 2010

Hello, Wolfgang. This magical script will tell you how many vertices it has (approx.):

ls -la myfile.shp | awk '{ print ($5/16) " VERTICES (APPROX)"  }'

An this will tell you how many features it has:

ogrinfo myfile.shp myfile | awk '{ if (NR < 15) print; }'

So we'll have an idea of the size, and an estimation of the average number of vertices per feature.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)