[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 patch for managing measured 3D Polylines of Shapefiles

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 10:30:40 CET 2010

Hi Alberto.

About porting, it depends on the extension, of course, but the answer is
YES, with a bit of work. I haven't seen the code, but I suppose you will
need to change things like exceptions, and the geometry model is
different in 2.0, so.... migrating one extension from 1.9 to 2.0 is more
work than from 1.1.2 to 1.9, for example. Also, FeatureIterators are
changed, and the whole model of accesing data, among other things.

In the other hand, windows and user interface may suffer little changes.

Anyway, there are people in this list than can answer better than me
about that. Maybe they can correct me if I am wrong.

About documentation, this is the only docs I know by now:

http://www.gvsig.org/web/docdev/gvsig_desktop_2_0/

but I'm pretty sure you already know.

Best regards, and good luck!!!.

Fran.