[Gvsig_english] Google Summer of Code 2010

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Wed Mar 24 13:18:27 CET 2010

? Hello everyone,

As you may know last year was the first on gvSIG participating on the
Google Summer of Code through the OSGeo Foundation. This year the
foundation has again been selected to participate in the program and
therefore gvSIG community has again the chance to participate at GSoC.
You can see something on last year participation on the presentation
that I did with Luis Sevilla on gvSIG conference (slides in Spanish,
video is translated) [1][2].

So, we need:

* Ideas to develop. If you think of any work that an student (probably
novice in gvSIG) could do in more or less three months, it would be
great if you add it, more or less elaborated, to the list of ideas for
this year at the OSGeo wiki [3].

* Project mentors. If you have solid knowledge on gvSIG development,
and believe that you are able to devote one or two hours a week during
the three summer months (June to August) to tutoring a student in a
project, please contact me. Participation as a mentor at GSoC is not
paid, you just will receive a t-shirt, let's see if this year is more
"wearable" than the last year :-)

* Students!! If you know someone who is studying and could be
interested on participating this summer on this program, please start
to review the documentation and be prepared to defend your proposal.
If you finish the program, you'll receive 5000$ and a t-shirt, as well
as a nice new entry on your resume.

Best

[1]
https: / /
svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/community/presentations/20091204-gvsig-valencia/gsoc-osgeo-gvsig/gvsig-osgeo-gsoc.pdf

[2]
http://gvsig-desktop.forge.osor.eu/downloads/pub/events/gvSIG-Conference/5th-gvSIG-Conference/Recording/Recording_en-gvSIG_y_OSGeo_en_Google_Summer_Code.avi

[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_GSoC_2010_Ideas

- --