[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9.1

Gismael gisme at lavabit.com
Tue Mar 30 00:13:44 CEST 2010

Ben,

getting funny questions answered in zero time is the most convincing reason
to consider os.
So after seeing our current sw provider taking weeks of time answering
serious questions, the fundamental direction is sorted out already.

Without having gotten into details, I estimate that the spanish authority
which has launched gvSIG has made use of EU funding for its project
accepting to make the outcome open source. What gives me the frown is to see
it half way between completely community-developped Qgis and lets say uDIG,
thus being forced to make it available to the public but also forging it
into the preferred direction.

Keep  it open, make it lively and give me plugin repositories that overwhelm
me.

By the way: explaining that in comes from Spain, is available in about 15
languages, having a British developped branch with the best German
translation available made sceptics somewhat interested.

Gismael