[Gvsig_english] [GSoC] Fwd: [SoC] Fwd: Now Accepting Applications from Students

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Wed Mar 31 11:57:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm forwarding the message below from Wolf Bergenheim, the OSGeo GSoC
Administrator.

As student applications period have started, we ask you to spread the
word about gvSIG project needs students to develop any of the ideas
taken from the wiki page, **or any other idea they have**. The current
ideas page is just a collection of ideas *from the gvSIG experienced
developers*, but new ideas are more than welcome.

Take a look on the OSGeo general page for ideas[1] for more
information. There's also a Google flyer[2] and a general page for
students[3].

The general eligibility rules for GSoC (and a lot of more info) are on
the student FAQ[4]. Basically you have to be 18 years or older and to
be an student (no matter if you are in a college, university, PhD or
undergraduate programs). See the FAQ.

The timeline is tight so don't be lazy!!
Jorge

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010_Ideas
[2] http://google-summer-of-code.googlecode.com/files/gsoc2010flyer_A4.pdf
[3] http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforStudents