[Gvsig_english] [GSoC] Mentoring a gvSIG GSoC idea

Jorge Piera Llodrá jpiera at prodevelop.es
Wed Mar 31 12:18:14 CEST 2010

Idea 1:

I've been these days exchanging some emails with Oscar Fonts, the guy
that presented a couple of weeks ago the OpenSearch-geo [1] project in
Girona. He made a demo of a client that uses this protocol to retrieve
information and displays the associated geographical information in
OpenLayers.,

Oscar also added support for searching using the twitter, flickr...
API's. I think that would be a great idea to add support for the gvSIG
catalog client of these new providers of information.

gvSIG is a professional tool and I'm not completely sure if is a good
idea adding support to social networks on it. By the other hand, these
kinds of networks can provide some real time information that any other
catalog service is not able to offer. What do you think about? It would
be a good idea to add support on gvSIg for searching in social networks?

This could be other proposal for the GSoC.

Regards,
Jorge.

[1] http://geoportal.dlsi.uji.es/OpenSearch/

On 03/31/2010 11:51 AM, Miguel Montesinos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it would also be good if every mentor shares here his/her ideas. (It's just a suggestion).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Miguel

Jorge Piera Llodrá
Equipo desarrollo gvSIG