[Gvsig_english] New Student for GVSIG within Google Summer Of Code2010: quick introduction

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri May 14 14:38:44 CEST 2010

Ciao, Luca.

I too think Spatialite is a very interesting way to store and share GIS data, especially because its simplicity fits mobile devices very well.

I know a pure-Java version of SQLite (not Spatialite) which will probably work on a wide range of Java-enabled mobile devices (Android supports SQlite too).

I was wondering: what is the simplest Sqlite database that can be read and processed from Spatialite? Let's suppose I have a Sqlite database file with only one table and one of the columns of that table is of binary type (BLOB or similar), and that column contains some WKB describing a geometry. Would this be enough to open it from a Spatialite-enabled application (for example gvSIG in the future)? This is rather a rhetorical question... I need to look into it myself  :)

Can we see your progresses online? blog? SVN?

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)