[Gvsig_english] BUG gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Changing table structure does not reflect in layer property dialog

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri May 21 02:10:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I changed the table structure of a layer using gvSIG (Layer -> Start Editing;
Show table of Attributes ; Table -> Manage Fields; layer -> Finish Editing).

If you then enter the layer properties dialog open the symbols tab and select
'Categories --> Unique values' the fields in the classification field are the
ones in the original table (which does not exist anymore).

Any drop down list that shows fields from the table is showing the list of the
original table structure. If I select any field the program does not crash, it
just selects the table column that corresponds to the position the original
field. I deleted a number of extra fields so my table now has less fields than
the original. If you select a field name that was beyond the number of fields in
the current table you get the last column.

Deleting the attribute table from the project files does not reset the field
list.

The field list can only be reset if the project file is reopened.

--

Cheers Simon
Simon Cropper
mailto: scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au