[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D extension issues

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:37:39 CEST 2010

Hi Antonio,

First of all thank you for testing the 3D extension. Community feedback is
very important for us.

I've tried the new build of gvSIG 3D extension [1] and noticed that a
> critical issue persists: the installer doesn't remove the previous
> installation and so the user is forced to delete manually over 30-40 old
> libraries in gvSIG extension libs' folders and in JRE bin one!
> Please, can you solve this annoying issue in the next future?

Sorry if you feel annoyed, but you have to consider that this is an Open
Source under-development extension, and we are doing our best, step to step,
to improve the framework. More than this, the issue you have tracked down is
not 3D specific issue. We do the same as the whole gvSIG. So all gvSIG
extensions which use native libraries has the same behaviour right now.

AFAIK unless you have admin permissions you can't remove anything from JRE.
That's the reason the installer can't remove native libs. In gvSIG 2.0
native libraries won't be copied to JRE, but I don't know if the installer
will be able to erase them.

BTW the vast majority of Win applications generate garbage in your system32/
directory.

> After solving this time consuming task, I noticed that another issue
> persists in MS Vista: several rasters seem to be displayed correctly
> after their loading, however I see a sort of bleeding effect on the
> lower part of the image or even the whole image after a bit of panning
> and zooming.

What hardware? what driver version? Could you post a screenshot? May be with
more information we could address the issue. Anyway thanks for reporting
your experience.

Regards
Jordi.

> Cheers,
> Antonio
>
> [1] https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/devel/gvsig-3d/product
>
> --
> Antonio Falciano
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/antoniofalciano

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es