[Gvsig_english] Import data from a Total Station

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 10:09:27 CET 2010

Hi Andres

Actually, the extension you mention does a lot more than just
data import from a total station. It is a full surveying solution
embedded in gvSIG.

If all you want is to import X/Y/Z point measurements from a total
station, then use your instrument's software to save them as a simple
text file or DBF file, import that into gvSIG as a table and create
a new points vector layer from that table.

If you want to import polar coordinates, then SEXTANTE should
have the tools to convert those into X/Y/Z.

Ben