[Gvsig_english] Additional functionalities for gvSIG 1.9 / 1.10

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Wed Nov 3 14:46:06 CET 2010

Dear all,

after some testing (RC2 on linux), I can present you all a few results:

1) Option to save project with relative path
this option is available via the project manager, section preferences of the
project. Click on "properties". You will see the dialogue for relative paths
here (screenshot). Any testing results would be interesting for all I think!
Is it useful for you
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5701371/relative_paths.jpg

2) Copy and Paste geometries
works for me

3) Geoprocesses
3.1) “Lateral Buffer”: new type of Buffer for lines that will create
a rectangular polygon involving the line laterally with a
defined distance, and ending exactly at the end of the line.
--> this feature seems to have a bug (see the post of Johannes).
Furthermore,
no description is available within the geoprocessing wizard.

3.2) Split lines in equidistant sections: new geoprocess that
allows to split lines in equidistant sections.
--> seems to work

4) Field calculator
option to add consecutive numbers to attribute tables
--> the command is rec(). If consecutive numbers should start with another
number, add a
mathematical expression. rec()+10 will result in 10, 11, 12, ...
Works for me.

5) Duplicates Function
option to select duplicates in an attribute table.
--> Workes for me.
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5701371/relative_paths.jpg