[Gvsig_english] Map Scale

Kevin Ryan kevpry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:50:23 CET 2010

Hello,

I have just started using gvsig and have run into an issue with the
map function (may be my error or some type of bug), but am looking for some
assistance.

using version 1.10

I insert view. At the properties dialog the scale (1: 4000) appears to be
incorrect for the view. Setting the scale to the a known view scale from the
prior view menu results in a very different view. The measurement of the
known feature indicates 400 feet as compared to 50 feet using an inserted
scale bar.

I have altered the projection to see if it makes a differance.

It appears that I may be missing some very simple setting that I have not
found, or maybe some type of bug? The rest of the program functions great.

Thanks,

Kevin