[Gvsig_english] kml in gvSIG OADE

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 15:38:42 CEST 2010

OK, got it!
There are several problems with the current parser:

1. You have to replace the entire namespace declaration in the header
with _exactly_ this line:

<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">

if there are any more/other <kml> tags, it will not parse.

2. You have to cut out the entire <lookat> tag. This is
a KML 2.2 feature and again, instead of just skipping it,
the gvSIG KML parser chokes on it.

3. The warning about multilayers always pops up, no matter
if you have multiple layers or not. Just ignore it.

I have attached a working version of your file.
After importing it, you should do a "Zoom to layer"
and see the point.

The KML parser in gvSIG really needs improvements, in
its current form it is no longer usable.

I think instead of silently failing, it should warn
the user if there is any tag in the file it does not
know, but then just proceed to read whatever it can
read.

Cheers,

Ben