[Gvsig_english] Error building gvsig mini (android) in Eclipse

Alberto Romeu Carrasco aromeu at prodevelop.es
Mon Oct 11 16:31:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

That sounds very interesting. At the moment, there's no such documentation (besides the javadoc on the source code) but I can give you an overview of the projects and classes you can extend:

es.prodevelop.gvsig.mini.compat: This project is a subset of classes from the gvSIG Mini for Java phones version. Contains the geometries model [1] ((Multi)Point, (Multi)LineString, Polygon), some interfaces to build an interoperable Tile provider (for Android and J2SE), and some utility classes (ConversionCoords: reprojects from/to several CRS, TileConversor: Converts from/to coordinates to tile, WorkQueue: A ThreadPool implementation, etc.)

es.prodevelop.tilerastercache: Contains the classes needed to make tile mashups and is used by the map view in gvSIG Mini. If you need to load a not supported layer you can extend the MapRenderer class and modify the layers.txt file on the assets folder of gvSIG Mini. The format of the layers.txt is neither documented, so if you need to add a new layer, I can help you.

es.prodevelop.tilerastercache.wms: Contains a MapRenderer implementation to load WMS layers.

es.prodevelop.gvsig.mini.remoteservices: Is a port of the remote services project of gvSIG (desktop) to the Android platform. It needed very few changes to make it work on Android...

Regarding the gvSIG Mini project, you can take a look to the Map activity (where you can add menu icons) and the TileRaster view (that's the view that draws the tiles and geometries). If you need to add a new vectorial layer you can extend the abstract class MapOverlay, it has mainly methods to draw, and it's notified about touch events.

If you have any other questions I can help you or maybe we can collaborate.

[1] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/download/attachments/10420565/geom%20class%20diagram.png

Regards,

Alberto Romeu
---