[Gvsig_english] gvSig Java(?) & Layers fault

feraltek gary at feraltek.com.au
Tue Oct 19 03:41:50 CEST 2010

Juan

It's possibly a fault unique to my PC due to something I did, maybe not a
fault with gvSig.

I would like to try something different. Uninstall gvSig RC1 and delete all
{User}\gvSig\ folders, reboot the PC, then install RC2. Is there anything
else I should remove so that my PC has no knowledge of a previous
installation - any registry items, etc?

I had both 64 & 32 bit Java versions on my PC. The console "java -version"
responded with the 64 bit version. I unstalled both and re-installed only
the 32 bit version.
Same fault.

There are no .qix files.

I have been using View->AddLayer. Also tried to open projects with layers
which were previously ok, and which open ok on my laptop.

It now runs in English after changing the Preferences. Thanks.

Gary