[Gvsig_english] Problem with gvSIG Mobile 0.3 and Trimble JunoSC

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 19 21:50:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

This worked for me today:

- I removed first all Trimble software from Juno
- Next I set both hardware and program ports to "none" in the Windows Mobile setting
- Finally restarted PDA with a long press on the power button

After this gvSIG Mobile could immediately connect with the inbuilt GPS. Port to use is COM4 and baud rate 4800. I could also use GPS with OSM Tracker program. Things may be more complicated if you want to run some other GPS program at the same time that gvsig mobile, or if you need to have Trimble programs installed.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

 Sindile Bidla wrote:

Have you set COM3 as the port to be used in the gvSIG Mobile settings?
(using the first button from the GPS tool bar)

*Yes I have even change it on the
**appsettings.xml*<http://subversion.gvsig.org/gvSIG-mobile/pilots/trunk/resources/persistence/appsettings.xml>

In the 'External GPS' settings there is a third tab called 'Access' with an
option called 'Automatically manage GPS ports' (or similar). If this option
was checked, try to uncheck it, and viceversa.

*Yes tried both settings*

Sindile Bidla
Tel: 0823408538
Fax: 0865246419