[Gvsig_english] gv_sig and future on mac os

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:33:33 CEST 2010

2010/10/21 gmail <pvmstg at gmail.com>:
> Hi Rafa,
>
> Yes for the short term... but if you look at yesterday keynote, it
> look like apple will move away from java.  No java program accepted in
> the mac store.  Even if apple for now, allow developper to give their
> program in their site or others... that's a sign that in the next few
> years java have a big chance of following flash in the not allow
> solution in apple product.
>
> So I wasn't aware that gv_sig not officially supported on mac.. I was
> mistaken someware because I was sure of the contrary.  It's
> unfortunate to ear that no multiplatform support for gv_sig.
>
> Good luck gv_sig team,  but migration without longterm support is to
> risky ...
>
> Maccel

Hello Maccel,

I don't think Apple is providing support or installations for Adobe
InDesign or Photoshop, and anyway people [buys and] installs those
programs on Mac. I don't see any difference with Java or with gvSIG.
If Oracle provides a Java installation for Mac, users will be able to
install and use Java and gvSIG. Let's wait for Oracle's reaction.

Best regards,

César