[Gvsig_english] dbf-files and font encoding: workaround

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Fri Sep 3 15:43:20 CEST 2010

Dear list,

the current version of gvSIG (1.9) has a bug regarding font encoding (at
least in the linux version): once an attribute table is edited, font
encoding of that table is set to utf-8, regardless whether this setting
was correct or not (e.g. I am using normally only windows latin-1). For
tables that are not too big, this can be solved using openoffice calc:

1) open the attribute table in calc, select utf-8 as font-encoding
2) save the table with save as...
Here, it is important that the option "Filtereinstellungen bearbeiten"
(I do not know the English translation, but please see attached
screenshot) is activated
3) select the correct font encoding
4) save and exit.

This bug will be fixed in 1.10, but maybe it is still helpful for some
of you out there...

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm