[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG -- Image files with fast rewrites

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Sep 14 10:41:13 CEST 2010

Hello, Simon:

- If I remember it well, the gdal you get by using apt-get or similar does not include the ECW compressor, but I think the binaries from the FWTools website do, though I cannot test it right now:

http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools-linux-2.0.6.tar.gz

Your experience suggests otherwise? Which error message do you get when trying to create a ECW?

- Your JPG files should come with a WLD or JPW (or similar) text file with at least six lines. If the second and third lines are NOT zero, you need to convert them in two steps:

gdalwarp -r cubic image.jpg image.tif
gdal_translate -of ecw image.tif image.ecw

If they are zero, you only need one step:

gdal_translate -of ecw image.jpg image.ecw

- Have you tried compressed TIF?

gdal_translate -co "COMPRESS=JPEG" image.jpg image.tif

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)