[Gvsig_english] raster georeferencing tool fails on gvsig OADE 2010

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:32:25 CEST 2010

I report a bug concerning raster georeferencing tool  in gvSIG OADE
2010: I want to apply a polinomial 1st order transformation to an
image in jpg format, using four GCP, but as soon as I apply, the
process fails (fatal error).

DEBUG Thread-31 org.gvsig.raster.util.RasterToolsUtil - An exception
(fatal error) has been encountered.
The process was aborted.
See file 'gvSIG.log' for more information.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.gvsig.raster.grid.Grid.init(Grid.java:329)
	at org.gvsig.raster.grid.Grid.<init>(Grid.java:198)
	at org.gvsig.georeferencing.process.GeoreferencingProcess.process(GeoreferencingProcess.java:175)
	at org.gvsig.raster.RasterProcess.execute(RasterProcess.java:126)
	at org.gvsig.raster.RasterProcess.run(RasterProcess.java:139)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The same identical procedure, using the same data, works fine on gvsig 1.9;
the process works on gvSIG OADE only if I choose "affine"
transformation: in this case, obviously, the transformation is applied
"on the fly" on the original image file and no new file (resampled) is
created.
Best regards

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia