[Gvsig_english] world file and on-the fly transformation forvectorlayers

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Sep 30 11:04:10 CEST 2010

Hello,

> Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>
> > Most simple format could take just source and target
> > coordinates for two or more reference points for performing a
> > simple vector warp.
>
> Actually, for warping the minimum is just one control point.
>
> -Jukka-

That's an interesting point. I've always though that the only honest transformation is the one done with two control points (keeping proportions and allowing rotation). With just one control point, you are not allowing rotation (it can be useful sometimes, though), and with three points or more, you are stretching the map, so it's not the original map anymore.

As for Ernesto's issue, I think the third solution proposed by Ben is my favorite: the app would say "There is a WLD file available, shall we use it?"

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)