[Gvsig_english] world file and on-the fly transformation for vectorlayers

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 11:02:14 CEST 2010

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=World_files

Apparently, the Esri GIS world uses these for georeferencing CAD
files, which have objects whose coordinates (just like raw image files)
do not represent locations in defined geodetic systems
(so called "local systems" in CAD).

So the original request was to support these transformation files just
like ArcMap does.

Like I argued in my last email, I do not think it should be used
for anything else than CAD files.

Ben