[Gvsig_english] Feature request: progress bar when loading big layers

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 15:06:45 CEST 2011

If it might be helpful?

I can add those messages here, but they are quite similar, of course :)

    _france_highways.shp_
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not load file (size = 336277700)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Error while opening file: Not enough
    memory (?). Message: Java heap space
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not load file (size = 301649706)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Error while opening db file D:\geo
    daten\france.shapefiles\europe_western_europe_france_highway.dbf:
    Not enough memory (?). Message: Java heap space

    _spain_highways.shp_
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not load file (size = 185766396)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Error while opening file: Not enough
    memory (?). Message: Java heap space
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not load file (size = 135256937)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Error while opening db file D:\geo
    daten\spain.shapefiles\europe_southern_europe_spain_highway.dbf: Not
    enough memory (?). Message: Java heap space

    _germany_natural.shp_
    /none/

    _germany_highways.shp_
    WARN [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not update graphics (is NULL)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Did not load file (size = 810905604)
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] - Error while opening file: Not enough
    memory (?). Message: Java heap space

Regards,

Marcel