[Gvsig_english] gvsSIG and multiple labels

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Apr 7 01:07:47 CEST 2011

On 07/04/11 06:13, Ruskprick wrote:
> Nope, wont do.
>
> The purpose is to label as we do on technical drawings for sewer
> systems. Normally I display labels for the waterlevel on all pipes
> connecting to a manhole and those are placed at the connectionpoints. At
> the same time diameter ans material is displayed att the middle of the
> pipe. A little like this:
> http://www.halmstad.se/images/18.7eaaf024126b190abb380005385/VAledningar.gif
> (text in swedish though).
>
> </Henrik>
>
> On 04/06/2011 09:09 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wondering, would one label based on three attributes and written on three lines do for you? Or do you need different styles for each of your labels?
>>
>> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Ruskprick,

The way this is done is to export the shapefile to an annotation layer
for each of the fields you intend to label. The attribute points can
then have the position of the text, text size, rotation, etc adjusted
manually.

There is some old extensions around that also automate label production
but they have not been updated for a while.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Principal Consultant