[Gvsig_english] [Annouce] GISVM Base

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 7 02:37:43 CEST 2011

Dear all,
We are proud to announce the new “GISVM BASE”.
Available now for FREE DOWNLOAD at: http://gisvm.com

GISVM  ("GIS Virtual Machine") is a Ubuntu Linux distribution for GIS users,
packaged as a virtual machine, a completely isolated computer that can  be run
in a window inside your current operating system.

This  new BASE edition, based on a minimum Ubuntu 10.10 installation,  provides
the user with simple Double Click install scripts for an  unlimited possible
number of open-source GIS packages.This way, users  are FREE to build their own
GISVM by installing the desired GIS  packages.

By the time of this announcement these are the available install scripts:
- Quantum GIS / Grass
- uDIG
- gvSIG
- OpenJump
- Kosmo
- R
- GeoServer
- GeoMajas

We plan to keep adding more install scripts, depending on the users feedback and
request.

PLEASE REGISTER ON THE GISVM USER MAILLING LIST and help us improve this new
version: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gisvm-users

We would also appreciate it if you SPREAD THE WORD. Put it in your blog, forum,
facebook, twitter, webpage, and so on.

Thank you,
Ricardo Pinho