[Gvsig_english] Proposal for Google Summer of Code 2011 - gvSIG Mini

Rubén Blanco rblanco at prodevelop.es
Tue Apr 12 12:09:02 CEST 2011

Hi Jukka,

The GSoC proposal have two important parts:

The first one it's create a documented service that includes all
geo-located social network data APIs and returns a single GeoJSON with
an unique structure easily interpretable, solving the problem of the
different implementations (Youtube, Twitter, Panoramio, Last.Fm,
Flickr..) on a cloud computing host like App Engine.

The second part it's create a library that interprets the GeoJSON and
has the ability to draw and list the information in gvSIG Mini Maps.

I think it's a good idea try to implement the standard WFS services in
this second development GSoC part, as part of the implementation and
testing.

Thank you for your feedback,

Ruben Blanco