[Gvsig_english] Edit-tools in gvSIG: possibility to cut off overlap / substract elements from each other?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 09:38:46 CEST 2011

Dear Tino / Nacho,

thanks for the reply but: that is not exactly, what I was looking for. I
would need this "substract"-tool while editing a layer. Surely, I could use
the difference-geoprocess. But it would create a new layer. Too many steps
for me... The workflow for me should be something like this:

1) use the copy-geometries tool to copy&paste a geometry from another layer
into the layer that is currently in edit mode
2) select the pasted geometry and the geometry that needs to be cut off a
little
3) click on "substract"-button (not exisiting) to substract the overlapping
area of both geometries.

The join-button does exist. Why is there no corresponding
"substract"-button?

Best,
Wolfgang