[Gvsig_english] Problems installing 3D extension

Capnfishy capnfishy at lineone.net
Wed Aug 3 22:31:07 CEST 2011

Hello,
I'm a newcomer to gvSIG too and had the same problem.  I would like to
see what those in the know say about this.

I eventually got a successful installation but I'm not sure which of the
following did the trick:
I uninstalled gvSIG
Uninstalled all the java I could find.
Ran CCleaner then RegSeeker to clear out any remnants
I downloaded Java afresh as a standalone
Then installed gvSIG
Then the 3d extension.  During the installation process it asks where
for a folder where certain file is (possibly andami.jar).  You have to
navigate to this and I felt very uncertain here - I did some web
research to find the file location (C:\Program
Files\gvSIG_1.11.0_final\bin) .  You don't get any feedback on whether
you are correct or not.

I also suspect running the .exe file from my networked hard disk caused
problems so I copied it to my desktop.

I still get a number java hiccups and dialog/window problems in 2d & 3d
but I do now have the 3d extension.

Hope this helps
Regards
Jonathan