[Gvsig_english] New User -problems withsplitting geometries andattributes.

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Aug 10 09:41:50 CEST 2011

Hello,

As Wolfgang said, your shapefile contains 3D linestrings. Unfortunately, some parts of gvSIG are still written as if 3D geometries did not exist. I have sent a bug report and a patch to try to solve this. Hopefully this patch will be applied soon.

I cannot think of a way to find out in gvSIG if a layer contains 3D geometries. The software used by Wolfgang to convert it can be downloaded from http://fwtools.maptools.org and includes also a command-line program that will tell you if your shapefile is 3D or not:

C:\DATA>ogrinfo tb.shp
INFO: Open of `tb.shp'
      using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: tb (3D Line String)

As for the attribute issue, I have added a new field of DOUBLE type to your shapefile without a problem, and set a random value which was correctly inserted. When do you see the value switch to zero? Does it happen when you hit [enter] or when you exit editing mode?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inexpugnable

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---