[Gvsig_english] gvSIG crashing

Simon Cropper (The fosGIS Workflow Guides) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Aug 15 00:45:08 CEST 2011

On 14/08/11 22:43, Renato Saboya wrote:
> Hi!
> I am working on a simple project and now I can't open it anymore. gvSIG
> keeps telling "Application error. It's strongly recommended to close the
> application."
>
> There is only one line shapefile, and 6 layers rendering different
> thematic maps.
>
> Anyway, I don't think it is a problem withh the file itself, because I
> tried three more files in the same folder and none of them worked.
>
> The details of the error message are pasted here:
> http://pastebin.com/bUsFdUs2
>
> If I need to provide more information, please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Renato.

Renato,

I presume you are using Windows. What version?

These apparently catastrophic errors usually result from Java and gvSIG
not talking to one another properly anymore. It might be due to a recent
incompatible version of Java being updated on your machine or something
else.

One simple method of resolving this is reinstall gvSIG and tell the
install program to use the Java that comes with the install EXE. It then
creates a Java VM dedicated to gvSIG that will not change over time as
updated Java versions are installed in other places on your machine.

If you are not sure how to do this check out my tutorials at the site
http://gis.fossworkflowguides.com

If you do this and the error still occurs then ask for help again and
people on the list will try and help resolve the problem.

In future posts include gvSIG version, platform and Java version as they
are all important in resolving the problem.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Website Administrator
    http://gis.fossworkflowguides.com
    The fosGIS Workflow Guide
    (c) Simon Cropper CC-BY-SA 3.0 Australia
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/au/deed.en