[Gvsig_english] gvSIG magazine article suggestions

Amelia del Rey adelrey at gvsig.com
Thu Aug 25 09:52:09 CEST 2011

On 17/08/11 10:11, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> El 17/08/11 09:58, symbian11 escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The german magazine GIS.business regularly reports on new GIS products, and
>> the trio -
>> gvSIG Desktop/mobile/mini - has been chosen to be included in the next issue
>> of the magazine (October).
>>
>> The report (4-6 pages) will be based on the available software documentation
>> and personal experiences.
>> Nonetheless it could happen that some nifty features remain undiscovered.
>> So... it would be
>> great if you could post features that set gvSIG apart from other GIS
>> products, if you know some.
>> Especially some outstanding extensions would be interesting.
>>
>> The report will include some basic information about OS and mobile GIS,
>> followed by an introduction of
>> gvSIG. There will also be a demonstration of one or two features (e.g.
>> analysis tools) -->  suggestions are welcome on that. Finally there is a
>> wishlist that concludes the article. So you have the chance to post your
>> personal request list here and some wishes might be published.
>>
>> regards, and thanks for your help, Chris
>>

> Hi Chris, that's really good news!
>
> Apart from other experiences and comments I think it would be great if
> yo took a look on the Case Studies section[1] of the gvSIG Outreach
> portal with some good examples of how gvSIG products are being used
> around the world on very different projects.
>
> You can take a look also on the materials from the second gvSIG Day[2],
> specially the workshop "gvSIG Community and how to participate".
>
> Best regards and keep us informed!! :-)
>
> [1]
> http://www.gvsig.org/web/docusr/divulgacion/ponencias/2011-1/view?set_language=en
> [2] http://outreach.gvsig.org/case-studies

Hi Chris,
Apart of the comments of Jorge Sanz, as I prepared in collaboration with
my colleagues of Prodevelop (the main developers of gvSIG Mobile and
gvSIG Mobile and Mini) the presentations about gvSIG Mobile and gvSIG
Mini for gvSIG Day[2], We would like to collaborate to prepare the
report.  How can we help you to prepare the report ? Could you send us a
draft with the schema of the report, to start to work with?
Best regards
Amelia

Amelia del Rey
gvSIG Association