[Gvsig_english] 7th International gvSIG Conference. Open Planet 5 Magazine

José Antonio Canalejo Alonso jacanalejo at yahoo.es
Thu Dec 1 23:00:45 CET 2011

Page 21 "Six events have been held in different countries and I can’t help but mention them:..."

8, they were at least 8:

- Fossgis 2011: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Projektstand-gvSIG-Sextante-FossGIS-2011-td6162737.html

- AGIT 2011:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/german-gvSIG-and-sextante-user-meeting-AGIT-2011-td6241610.html#a6305666

I suggest, the gvSIG project promote also these kind of events (e.g. here: http://www.gvsig.org/web/community/events/other_events_list/). Specially if they are completely organized by activ and well known members of the gvSIG community, like they made in 2009: http://webmapping.info/mwgvsig/index.php?title=Bericht_gvSIG_Anwendertreffen_2009. I think it will be cheaper and more effective if they are organized by local communities.

What do you think about?
Best regards
Jose

>Open Planet 5, the
magazine published for the International gvSIG Conference is now
available in electronic format [1].

>We launch the 7th International gvSIG Conference with a striking slogan,
 “Conquering new areas.” If we look back we can see that the slogans of
previous years are still valid in the >gvSIG project, more strongly than
ever, and without losing their meaning within the mission and vision
that characterize us: Sharing knowledge, Building realities, We continue
 >growing, Consolidating and advancing, Moving forward together,
Knowledge for change.

>But we believe that this is not enough, we must take a step further. So,
 as we project and work to conquer new areas, areas not yet reached by
free geomatics and reserved to those >with the monopoly of knowledge; The
 time has come, we should not conform but continue working and
organizing knowledge, technology, geomatics so that it is universal to
be >universal and available to everyone, without having to compromising
anything.

>In this issue we will talk about these achievements, where undoubtedly
the gvSIG Community plays a fundamental role, understood in all its
diversity: geographical and linguistical >communities, users, developers,
 universities, government … that together form a group that drive hard
in each of their areas towards the common interest.