[Gvsig_english] problems with administrator-rights under WINDOWS 7...

Ulrike Assmann ua at umweltplan.de
Mon Dec 19 15:09:36 CET 2011

Hallo Ben,

thank you for your answer.

"Well, Windows access rights can get quite complex,
especially if you are in a network environment.
However, gvSIG OADE requires only read access to
the directory it's installed in. I am bit surprised
that's not working with your setup."

- yes, we are in a network environment
- and we have tried it with full rights for the user, but the error remains...

"Please attach the file C:\Users\<user>\gvSUIG\gvSIG.log"
to your next message."

- this file is created only after the first start, so there is not such file
- if we start the programm as administrator, there is no error

We think that it does no matter where gvSIG is installed, the problem is that the java
command can not be executed.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks in advance!
And with greetings from Stralsund

Ulrike Assmann
Dipl.-Kartographin

Tel.:	+49 38 31/61 08-23
Fax:	+49 38 31/61 08-49
E-Mail:	mailto:ua at umweltplan.de
WEB:	http://www.umweltplan.de
UmweltPlan GmbH Stralsund
Hauptsitz Stralsund
Tribseer Damm 2
18437 Stralsund

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stralsund * Amtsgericht: Stralsund / HRB 3306
Geschäftsführerin: Dipl.-Geographin Synke Ahlmeyer