[Gvsig_english] Error building gvSig Mini

Savvas Sopiadis ssopiadis at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 15:27:57 CET 2011

Hi everybody!
This is new territory for me (coming from the .NET world). I 'm assigned a
project which does similar things like the MINI application.
My problem is: i 'm struggling with the build of this. My environment is
Windows Vista, Eclipse Indigo.

I 'm  following
https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/How+to+build+the+gvSIG+Mini+workspace+in+Eclipse
this  article and always getting errors.

Here is what i did:

1st attempt: did the download exactly how the part in the red box says. Then
went into the 1st directory (e.g.   es.prodevelop.android.gvsig.mini.lib).
Did the following:

mvn dependency:copy-dependencies

and got as result the following:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
es.prodevelop:es.prodevelop.android.gvsig.mini.lib:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
(C:\Users\Developer\workspace-gvSIG2\es.prodevelop.android.gvsig.mini.lib\pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
es.prodevelop:es.prodevelop.android.library:pom:1.1.1-SNAPSHOT in
http://gvsig-desktop.forge.osor.eu/downloads/pub/projects/gvSIG-desktop/maven-repository
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of gvsig-public-http-repository has elapsed or updates
are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 5,
column 10 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

2nd attempt: did exactly what the remaining part of this article says and
surprisingly i get no errors at the maven compile. But in the eclipse
workspace i still have red marks ....

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance!