[Gvsig_english] wps bakeoff - any interest?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:42:33 CET 2011

Morning team:

After last years foss4g there was some interest in doing a bit of a "wps bakeoff". Now most of that interest was coming from the various server implementations (52n, deegreee, geoserver, pywps, zoowps) - who probably want a chance to compare performance numbers.

I would like to see the various client applications take part; in particular to ensure that the servers can be driven by a deskop client like gvSig without prior knowledge (ie just from the describe process document).

This week I am contact the development teams, and I would like to ask you to consider:
- what would you like to see out of a "wps bakeoff"?
- check (perhaps at your next meeting) if there is time to take part.

Cheers,
Jody