[Gvsig_english] wps bakeoff - any interest?

Cèsar Ordiñana cordinyana at gvsig.com
Tue Feb 1 17:12:25 CET 2011

Hi Jody,

El 01/02/11 10:42, Jody Garnett escribió:
> Morning team:
>
> After last years foss4g there was some interest in doing a bit of a "wps bakeoff". Now most of that interest was coming from the various server implementations (52n, deegreee, geoserver, pywps, zoowps) - who probably want a chance to compare performance numbers.
>
> I would like to see the various client applications take part; in particular to ensure that the servers can be driven by a deskop client like gvSig without prior knowledge (ie just from the describe process document).
>
> This week I am contact the development teams, and I would like to ask you to consider:
> - what would you like to see out of a "wps bakeoff"?
> - check (perhaps at your next meeting) if there is time to take part.
>
> Cheers,
> Jody

Thanks for the contact and the information about the "wps bakeoff". We
will talk about it and see what we are able to do. Also maybe someone in
the gvSIG community wants to perform the bakeoff.

In any case, could you give as some more information about the
initiative?  Is it being backed up by any organisation? There is any
plan, timing, resources, etc. already available?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro
gvSIG software architect